I will be taking a break from monthly photo challenges only because I under estimated the amount of time and effort it took to complete each task for the day. However, I will be working on other projects and may return back to this challenge in October. Going into the challenge I thought it was gonna be pretty easy and fun but boy was I wrong. Although it was fun there were days where I was so busy and just wanted to get my shots out of the way but still took 30mins to 1hr a day to make an effort to complete my tasks with 5-10 images at least. To make things a bit easier on my part, I decided to use photos SOOC (straight out of camera, jpegs) with no editing at all. With that said, here are my takeaways after completing the photo challenge for August.
- Definitely helped me improve my creative skills especially when I had to make boring objects interesting. I felt like I did a good job on that and will continue to improve my skills.
- I was able to limit the number of shots I took overall. With digital photography it allows you to just shoot as many shots as you want and then you can choose the bests one from there. It’s both good and bad; good in the sense that you can try a bunch of angles, settings, etc.. but it may take away from the experience since you’re going to be more focused behind your camera just shooting away.
- I learned to be selective about my shots by taking the extra time to make that one picture look great.
- Just being able to share my journey with everyone was great!
- There were days with boring themes that just made me unhappy with the shots I took
- The time and effort it took to go out and try to find stuff to shoot
- Some days I slacked off a lot and just used my room to complete the themes.
- Overlapping themes made it hard for me to make the posts unique from the other (bright/light and dark/black)
- I was able to use my camera every day! However, there were days when I just wasn’t in the mood to shoot.
- Some fun days with lots of effort involved and other days where I just shot whatever was around me (multiple images of the same subject but different angle used for multiple themes).
- Only using images shot the day of definitely made it hard but rewarding at the same time.
- Not something I can see myself do every day every month.
Overall it was a great learning experience but definitely harder than it looks. I went from a ‘hey, that’s easy to do’ to a more realistic perspective that applies beyond just photo challenges, for example, gym dedication. This photo challenge was essential in bringing out dedication and effort I am proud of and I hope my photographs show that. Thank you for my August readers.